What is the Hive?
The Hive is a special projects unit of USA for UNHCR headquartered in New York City that uses advanced data science to develop groundbreaking new models for consumer engagement. The Hive was formed to be an instrument for engaging Americans around the refugee crisis.
What do we do?
Using sophisticated data and insights on what motivates people to take action, the Hive implements unconventional projects and campaigns aimed at engaging Americans in new ways. By partnering with leading technology companies like Google. Airbnb, Kickstarter and Instacart, the Hive is also championing the importance of activating the private sector around solutions to the refugee crisis in ways that exceed mere funding alone.
We believe that strong symbiotic partnerships between businesses and NGOs can shift not only how the humanitarian sector handles global crises, but how businesses see their customers. Bringing together practitioners from the worlds of politics, branding, data and innovation, the Hive is changing how Americans respond to the refugee crisis.
How do we do it?
We’re mapping out solutions for the most pressing issue of our time – and we’re thinking like a startup, not a nonprofit. We are assembling the best, brightest, and smartest people we can find to help us light the way. As a special project of USA for UNHCR, the UN Refugee Agency, we’re building knowledge about issues relating to refugees so that Americans will grow more committed to solving the refugee crisis. We’re using data science to identify and micro-target prospective supporters. And we’re developing strategic partnership opportunities for corporations and brands that change everything we know about philanthropy and advocacy.
- Data Driven: We operate on proprietary data-informed ideas and decisions.
- Audience-Centric: What will it take for Americans to engage? We’ll organize our efforts to meet their needs.
- Trust and Engagement: We create genuine opportunities for individuals to play a role in making change.
- Content Heavy: We think like a publisher and act like a media company. We are creating information, experiences and content that will drive engagement, understanding, and involvement.
- Digital-First: Ours is an all-inclusive content approach designed to maximize storytelling across digital platforms.
We’re changing the way Americans change the world.
Learn more about the Hive: http://www.projecthive.nyc/